at a time: bir defada at once: aynı anda arm in arm: kol kola hand in hand: el ele back toback: sırt sırta cheek to cheek: yanak yanağa end to end: uç uca face to face: yüz yüze hand to hand: göğüs göğüse little by little: azar azar, aşamalı olarakone by one: birer birer side by side: yan yana step by step: adım adım, aşamalı olarak mental: zihinsel mood: ruhsal durum add: eklemek decrease: azalmak see eye to eye (with): aynı fikirde olmak
Don’t all talk at once! Hepiniz birden konuşmayın! They danced cheek to cheek during the party. Parti sürecince yanak yanağa dans ettiler.
1. - Do you always see eye to eye with your parents? - No, I don’t always see eye to eye with my parents.
2. - Are you all answering my questions at once? - No, we aren’t all answering your questionsat once, we’re answering them one by one.
3. - Are you answering my questions together or one at a time? - We are answering your questions one at a time.
4. - Can you climb the stairs four by four? - No, I can’t climb the stairs four by four.
5. - Is the number of people in Turkey increasing or decreasing day by day? - The number of people in Turkey is increasing day by day.
6. - Are you growing taller little by little? - Yes, I’m growing taller little by little.
7. - Have you been learning English step by step? - Yes, I’ve been learning English step by step.
8. - Add together 5 and 3. - 8.
9. - Ali has 6 nuts and Veli has 4. How many do they havetogether? - They together have 10 nuts.
10. - Are you two sitting face to face or back to back? - We are neither sitting face to face nor back to back, we are sitting side by side.
11. - Does a mental patient’s mood change quickly from hour to hour? - Yes, a mental patient’s moodchanges quickly from hour to hour. 12. - Do young couples generally walk arm in arm or hand in hand? - Young couples generally walk hand in hand.
13. - Did soldiers fight hand-to-hand in the Gallipoli Campaign? - Yes, soldiers fought hand-to-hand in the Gallipoli Campaign.